This is hands-down the easiest chili I’ve ever made. Most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry!
Hearty, meaty chili slow-cooked in a 6-quart crock pot.
Author: Kathy Gill
Recipe type: Entree
- 24 oz jar medium salsa (low sugar, low sodium)
- 28 oz organic diced tomatoes (2 small or 1 large)
- 30 oz organic black beans (2 small cans)
- 10 oz Mexican tomatoes (1 10-oz can)
- 20-24 oz pico de gallo (gives you fresh tomatoes/onions)
- 1-2 T chili powder (two is medium heat)
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T oregano
- 1 T cinnamon
- 3 lbs of meat (I use a combination of organic hamburger and stew beef)
- seasoning for the meat
- Open the containers and pour into the slow cooker. Turn it on low.
- Add the spices; stir well.
- Brown the meat in a skillet. I season generously with Mrs. Dash.
- Drain the fat, then add the meat to the slow cooker.
- Stir again.
- Cover and cook 8 hours on low.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and corn chips.
NOTE: if you’re going for low-carb, substitute a can of diced tomatoes for one of the cans of beans.