California reported its first death from COVID-19; New York’s case load jumped from two to 11; and New Hampshire has two presumptive cases. Washington reported 12 more cases and one more death.
At the end of the business day, Microsoft told Puget Sound employees “who are in a job that can be done from home should do so through March 25th.” The company employs nearly 54,000 in Washington. Half of Microsoft’s facilities in mainland China have limited services.
In New York, nine people who are connected to the 50 year old lawyer reported on Tuesday have tested positive.
It is important to remember that tests are only now becoming somewhat widely available as states labs implement testing.
04 March, domestic
- Arizona: 2 cases
- California: 53 cases (24 are from repatriation flights)
- Florida: 2 cases
- Georgia: 2 cases
- Illinois: 4 cases
- New Hampshire: 2 cases (presumptive)
- New York: 11 cases
- North Carolina: 1 case
- Massachusetts: 1 case
- Oregon: 3 cases
- Rhode Island: 2 cases
- Texas: 11 cases (all from repatriation flights)
- Washington: 39 cases
- Wisconsin: 1 case
04 March, global
- Globally: 93,090 confirmed (2223 new)
- China: 80,422 confirmed (120 new) and 2984 deaths (38 new)
- Outside of China: 12,668 confirmed (2103 new) in 76 countries (4 new) with 214 deaths (48 new)
- Global confirmed: 95,416
- Total deaths: 3,286
- Total recovered: 53,297