Updated 17 January, 7 pm Pacific: there are now 616 marches worldwide, at least one in each state plus D.C. and Puerto Rico as well as events in more than three dozen countries. There are 19 events in Washington state.
National media have focused on the rally in Washington, DC, where “City parking permits for 200 buses are being sought for Inauguration Day. The number for the Women’s March: 1,200.”
This movement is much bigger than D.C. As of this writing, there are 616
370 marches scheduled around the world. That includes all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. And more than three dozen countries.
Where will women be marching on January 21 in Washington state? Not just in Seattle! Here’s a list, from Bellingham to Spokane (and points all around).
- Anacortes (Facebook) – Women’s March Anacortes, 5-7 pm
- Bainbridge Island (Facebook) – Women’s Walk on Bainbridge Ferry, 8 am walk to the ferry for Seattle rally
- Bellingham – Women’s March – Bellingham, 10 am
- Chelan – Women’s March – Chelan, 3:30 pm
- Eastsound – Women’s March in Eastsound, 12:15 pm
- Ephrata – Ephrata-Columbia Basin Women’s March, 11:30 am
- Friday Harbor- Women’s March – Friday Harbor, noon
- Langley – Women’s March, Langley, noon
- Longview – Longview Women’s March, noon
- Mount Vernon – Mount Vernon Women’s March, 2 pm
- Olympia – Women’s March on Olympia, 10 am
- Port Townsend – Womxns March Port Townsend, 10 am
- Seattle (Facebook) – Women’s March – Seattle, 10 am
- Spokane – Women’s March – Spokane, 11 am
- Twisp – Women’s March, Twisp, 9:45 am
- Union – Woman’s March – Union, 10 am
- Walla Walla – Women’s March on Walla Walla, 9 am
- Wenatchee – Women’s March on Wenatchee Valley, 11 am
- Yakima – Women’s March – Yakima, 10 am
And yes, most of these marches are in western Washington. So are most of the people: almost 4-in-5. Donate to the Washington statewide fundraiser at YouCaring.
We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families – recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country.
Learn more about the national event at the Women’s March, Facebook event page, and Twitter @womensmarch.
Also, check out the Pussy Hat project, which launched Thanksgiving weekend. Here’s a beautiful creation from Seattle hat maker Heather Daveno (August Phoenix Hats).
4 replies on “Women march across Washington state on January 21”
[…] The Seattle Women’s March begins on Saturday January 21 with a 10 am rally at Judkins Park that is followed by a 3.6-mile march to the Seattle Center. National media have focused on the rally in Washington, DC, but there are more than 600 “sister events” around country and the world. […]
I have heard that the Women’s March prohibits pro-choice women from participating. Is this true?
Hello, Gerald – no that is not true.
Women march across Washington state on January 21 https://t.co/nehsHRjOle https://t.co/XafoO2Gc9B