I returned from vacation to discover that Steve Jobs had announced his resignation as Apple’s CEO.
(1) Steve Jobs 1983 keynote (includes Chiat Day/Ridley Scott commercial) – Steve’s highlights of disruptions ignored by incumbents reflects my thinking/teaching about technology. Of course, I didn’t know that he shared these touch points when I started talking about these same things in the classroom – because that was pre-YouTube!
(2) Steve Jobs introduces the Macintosh (Jan 24, 1984). Probably hard for folks who weren’t around then to appreciate the graphics – but 1984 was the era of green text on a black screen. Once a showman, always a showman. :-) +Andy Hertzfeld (plus his comments on the launch)
Full presentation includes TV ad flight:
(5) Apple iPhone teaser (2007)
(6) Steve Jobs, 2005 Stanford Commencement Address
“My third story is about death … for the past 33 years, I’ve looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, if today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m about to do today`. Whenever the answer has been no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. Remembering that ‘I’ll be dead soon’ is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything, all external expectations … fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.”
(7) The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs (book promo)
(8) Steve Introduces the Apple Store (2001)
Another clip for perspective; ah, the things we take for granted 10 years later.
(9) Apple without Steve Jobs (Welcome to Macintosh, 2008)
What have I missed? What are your favs?