How are women shaping the future? TED is answering that question, in cooperation with The Paley Center for Media, with an inaugural event, TEDWomen. The event, being held in Washington, D.C. on Dec 7-8, is being streamed.
We are holding an informal “drop-in and watch party” at ThinkSpace in Redmond, with facilities for up to 50 attendees.
The West Coast Schedule
Tuesday 7 December
- 10.30 Doors Open
- 11:30-1:15pm SESSION 1: Overture
- Liza Donnelly
- Elizabeth Lindsey
- Hanna Rosin
- Hans Rosling
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
- Halla Tomasdottir
- Ted Turner
- 1:15-2:15pm Conversation break with Sarah Schacht (@SarahSchacht) on civic life
- 2:15-4pm SESSION 2: Life’s Symphony
- Johanna Blakley
- Mona Eltahawy
- Donna Karan
- Jacklyne Mantaine Lemeria + Lemeria Ole Leperes
- Courtney E. Martin
- Tony Porter
- Sheryl Sandberg
Wednesday 8 December
- 7.45am Doors Open
- 8:15am-10am SESSION 4: Duets
- Rufus Griscom + Alisa Volkman
- Beverly + Dereck Joubert
- Dr. Hawa Abdi + Dr. Deqo Mohamed
- Heather + Tony Podesta
- Penelope Jagessar Chaffer + Tyrone Hayes
- 10am-11:30pm Conversation break with Jeris Miller (@dakini_3) on compassionate living
- 11:30pm-1:30pm SESSION 5: Harmony and Discord
- Sheikha Al Mayassa
- Kiran Bedi
- Naomi Klein
- Shirin Neshat
- Jacqueline Novogratz
- Aicha El-Wafi + Phyllis Rodriguez
- Jody Williams
- 1:30-2:30pm Conversation break with Suzanne Cross on living authentically
- 2:30-4:15pm SESSION 6: Crescendo
- Madeleine Albright
- Caroline Casey
- Eve Ensler
- Joan Halifax
- Sejal Hathi
- Stephen Lewis
During our conversation breaks, we will have a chance to network but we will also have short sessions led by local women.
If you are interested in attending,
please send email to kegill at gmail please complete our Google registration form and indicate which day/time you would attend. There may be a small donation request for coffee. We have not decided what to do for lunch, since our logical lunch breaks are concurrent with streamed sessions!
2 replies on “TEDWomen : Seattle Stream”
I’ll be there on Tuesday and happy to brown bag it for lunch. Thanks for organizing! — alex
Thanks so much, Kathy! What a great job you have done of organizing this.
I would very much like to attend Sessions #1, 2 on the 7th and Session #6 on the 8th.
If I can do anything to help, please let me know.