I just posted this to my motorcycle/geek mailing list. Really quick, high-level thoughts. I’m working on some tips posts.
- Not surprising, your gmail ID becomes your googlewave addy
- It’s more alpha than beta
- Mac folks need to remember to install Gears, which will give you drag-and-drop functionality (among other things). WaveBoard is a better client for Macs than FF or Safari, but Snow Leopard folks will get drag-and-drop functionality only with FF Gears. That’s because Google hasn’t updated Gears for Snow Leopard; there is a hack that gives WaveBoard that functionality but I haven’t added it.
- PC folks may prefer Chrome to FF. Dunno. I haven’t decided.
- Right now, everyone seems to be TALKING (think chat or forums or mailing lists) rather than trying to do something. Not a surprise, either. New. Shiny. :-)
- I’ve started two directories: one for higher ed waves and one for UW people. Interesting exercise.
- To search “public” waves … put “with:public” in the search box. You will soon be overwhelmed (I think Matt said “drown”) because Wave keeps the blips you’ve *read* in your inbox! Eeek! You can make them go away (not sure if it is forever) by clicking “mute.”