5. Polishing the Paper
Review the comments from your reviewer before beginning the final revision.
Final Revision Tips:
- Delete sentences and phrases that do not contribute to your main idea.
- Change “to be” verbs (is, are, was) to active verbs.
- Make sure verb tense is parallel throughout the paper; present tense is the norm.
- Avoid colloquial words and phrases.
- Avoid contractions (don’t, isn’t).
- Insure paragraphs have effective transitions.
- Double-check citations.
- Check for errors in grammar, punctuation, spelling.
Prior: 4. Revising The Draft
Next: 6. Citing Your Sources