Thousand (1000) Island Dressing
Making salad dressing is a new endeavor for me, done so in part by nudging from my nutritionist. Turns out that there are hundreds of variations on 1000 Island Dressing — some even contain hard boiled eggs. (Ugh – this recipe is not one of them.)
Try this tangy 1000 Island Dressing as an alternative to the highly processed stuff you’ll find in the grocery store. Make sure your ingredients have no high fructose corn syrup!
1000 Island Dressing
- 3/4 c mayo (Best, Hellman’s)
- 1/4 c ketchup (I use organic from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 c sweet chili sauce (I use Big Dan’s Bento sauce, but you can also make this from scratch)
- 2 T sweet pickle relish (more if you like a lot of pickles)
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 t onion powder
- dash of garlic powder, mustard powder, lemon pepper and Mrs. Dash
Combine, stir well. Refrigerate. Can be consumed immediately but best after the flavors have had a chance to rub shoulders.