Who can resist hearty chili in the depths of winter? This is not your everyday chili! Guaranteed to please the adventurous of palette, but anyone whose favorite chili is akin to that from Wendy’s may not find this to their liking.
No beans. Lots of meat. Exotic flavors!
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground pork
- 2 lbs lean hamburger
- 2 Tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 5 Tbsp hot chili powder
- 5 whole bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp allspice
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 5 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 5 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 can (28 oz) pureed tomatoes
- 2-4 dry chilies
- salt to taste
- In large (12 qt) heavy stockpot on medium heat, peanut oil. Saute onions and garlic.
- When onions are clear, add pork, hamburger, cumin seeds, chili powder, bay leaves. When meat is browned, drain fat.
- Add cinnamon, allspice, Mongolian Fire oil, cocoa powder, Worcestershire and white vinegar, pureed tomatoes, dry chilis and salt.
- Simmer, covered, for 1-1/2hours. You may need to add water as it cooks.
Serve with some combo of these sides:
(b) Grated cheddar cheese
(c) Chopped onions
(d) Sour Cream