Chocolate Pecan Pie
You want to make a pecan pie but you know your guests aren’t into sticky-sweet pies? Then consider this variation.
- 2/3 c evaporated milk
- 2 T butter
- 1 cup (6 oz bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 T all purpose flour
- 1/4 t sal
- 2 L eggs, beaten
- 1/2 T vanilla
- 1 heaping cup pecans, chopped (measure after chopping)
- 1 unbaked 9″ pie shell (I use Marie Callendar’s frozen when I’m in a hurry)
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In small saucepan, combine evaporate milk, butter and chocolate chips over low heat. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted. Remove pan from heat.
- In mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir until well blended. Add chocolate mixture. Stir well. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes, just until filling is soft only in the center when the pie is gently shaken.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Adapted from My Mother’s Southern Dishes by James Villas