- Considerations for designing, planning, and launching digital publications.
- How to use software tools to design and digitally publish content.
- How to use software tools to build an engaged audience for digital publishing content.
- Tour of the various tools that you can use to publish an e-book or Web publication, from simple to complex.
- Visual design / accessibility
- Images and fair use
- Getting found (SEO/discoverability)
- Book publishing tools
- eBook formats
- Working sessions
Projects from Fall Course
- Angie – ezine role-playing gamer (existing business)
- Annika - Giddy Spinsters (crafts)
- Brian - Design Cachets
- Charlie – journal submissions
- Holly – Shuttle Tatting (lace) blog
- Greg - News aggregator for Anglo-Saxon studies
- Maggie – fiction
- Mark - Safe + Sound
- Michelle - Permaculture (gardening)
- Sharon - DowntoEarth (gardening)
- Tammy - Writing and Publishing Fiction
What I need from you
- Your most recent project update/status
- Three things you want to accomplish by March 2013
What I plan to do
- Build a site/book right alongside you