If you’ve ever wanted to transfer your network settings from one Apple computer to another … or from one hard drive to another (such as when you’re setting up a new drive, like I’m doing right now) … here’s how to do that. It’s easy but not obvious!
- Navigate to your network settings: System Preferences -> Network
- Highlight the setting you want to replicate on the other drive from the list on the left
- Click the “gear” with the down-arrow at the bottom of the network list
- Select “export configurations”
- Save the document where you can find it again!
After booting from the other drive/computer, navigate to Network settings and click the gear and this time select “import configurations” — remember where you saved that document!